Port Hope Public Library requires a part-time Coordinator Programming and Community Engagement. Primary duties include management of the planning, delivery and evaluation of library programs and events. The development of partnerships with community groups and stakeholders will be a priority. Detailed job description can be found at porthopepubliclibrary.ca/volunteering-employment
Education, Skills and Experience
• Library and Information Technician diploma or Excel certificate or postsecondary diploma in recreational programming
• Minimum 2 years related library or public sector programming experience
• Strong customer service, problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities and priorities
• Excellent oral, presentation and report writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Demonstrated expertise in use of social media platforms
The position will start as soon as possible. Work schedule is 20 hours per week. Shifts may vary and will include days, some evenings and occasional Saturdays. Compensation as per the Collective Agreement between the Port Hope Public Library Board and Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 749-01.
Applications including a cover letter and resume may be submitted to the undersigned. Deadline for applications is
May 14, 2018 at 5 p.m.
Port Hope Public Library Administration
31 Queen Street
Port Hope, On LlA 2V8
The Port Hope Public Library thanks all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. The Port Hope Public Library Board is an equal opportunity employer. Individual needs will be accommodated throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) 2005.