Theodhora Merepeza, M.C.P., MCIP, RPP
905-885-2431 ext. 2507
905-885-2431 ext. 2502
In response to the comments from Municipal Departments, external agencies and the public, in January 2018 the Planning Division has received a revised Draft Plan for lands located south of Lakeshore Road and west of Victoria Street South.
The main changes to the Draft Plan consist of:
• Expanding the existing King’s Field Park with a 0.39 hectare Park (Block 170). This block contains two mature trees (previously proposed for removal).
• Modification of Street A (shifted to the west in order to create a larger buffer zone from the trees in the newly expanded park area).
• Widening of the walkway linking the existing park to Ridout Street (Block 170) adjacent to Lot 17.
• Changing the width of Street C from a 14.5 meter right of way to a 17 meter right of way to facilitate two way traffic.
• Removal of Lots 167-169 to a future development block (Block 178).
Proponents response to Municipal and Public comments are shown below:
The Functional Servicing Report – July 2017 was revised in its entirety.
Tree Inventory and Preservation Plan is supplemented by the Letter dated January 16, 2018.
The Public review period for the proposed Phase 4 of Penryn Mason Homes Subdivision is still open for public commenting. A Public Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 7, 2018, beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Town Hall. The Planning Staff Report has been posted along with the meeting agenda.
To sign up for our new email notifications for all community consultations, please visit porthope.ca/subscription
The planning documents and applications as well as comment sheets are available via below links.
Comments are currently open. You can provide feedback in one of the three methods:
1) Please complete a comment form and forward by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
2) Please complete a comment form and mail or deliver in-person to the Municipality of Port Hope, 56 Queen Street Port Hope.
3) Please complete our online form.
We look forward to receiving your feedback.
In January, the Municipality issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the detailed design and construction contract documents for the reconstruction of Lakeshore Road from Victoria Street South to approximately 650m west of said intersection. This contract will be administered by the Works and Engineering staff and is separate from the planning applications for the Mason Homes Phase 4.
Inquiries regarding this contract can be forwarded to:
Jeanette Davidson, Engineering Manager
Municipality of Port Hope
56 Queen Street
Port Hope, ON L1A 3Z9
905-885-2431 x 2516