The Municipality of Port Hope is committed to making every effort to ensure persons with disabilities have access to Municipal goods and services. We welcome your input on how we might improve service delivery.
Works & Engineering Department
5 Mill Street South
Port Hope, ON
We are pleased to provide several options to make our Municipality's websites more accessible for all users. Our accessibility options are available on www.porthope.ca, porthopefire.ca and www.visitporthope.ca. For further assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We have added the world-leading digital inclusion software, Browsealoud, to our website - making our content more accessible with reading and translation support.
Click on the Browsealoud launchpad that appears on the bottom left corner of your screen to launch the support toolbar. Then simply click on any text to hear it read out loud.
Browsealoud offers a host of reading and translation support - helping you to access and understand our website better.
• text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
• translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages
• text magnification: enlarges text and reads it out loud
• mp3 generation: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
• screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
• web page simplifier: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
• settings: customise options to suit individual needs or preferences
All the features are accessed from an easy-to-use, floating toolbar - allowing you to drag and drop it anywhere on screen. Watch the Browsealoud Features video to see Browsealoud in action. For additional support visit support.texthelp.com, the dedicated support portal from Texthelp - the makers of Browsealoud.
Different operating systems and browsers have accessibility settings that you can modify to make your browsing experience easier.
Changing text size, mouse pointer visibility, colours, fonts, resolutions, contrast and magnification settings can all be changed.